AEQ’s FORUM is a self-contained digital audio mixing console specifically designed to meet the most rigorous demands of radio and television ON-AIR broadcasting. Its flexible design allows it to readily be adapted to any ON-AIR application. FORUM incorporates all of the features necessary for use in environments requiring: automatic monitor speaker cut-off, cough muting, fader start, control signaling, interface signaling for automation of external equipment, external communications management, intercom, etc.
Thanks to its well thought out, self-contained modular design and reduced footprint, FORUM adapts perfectly to any environment: auto-control, studio control, television production, sound production, mixed configurations, integration in large installations, etc.
Simplicity and control power are combined into the FORUM to satisfy ease of operation – from the most basic to the most advanced requirements. The control surface can be configured with a minimum of 4 faders, and easily expanded to 8 or even 12 channels.
- Configurable monitoring for all system signals
- 4 direct-routing buttons on each channel
- Silent operation by convection cooling
- Integrated talk-back microphone input, 2 precision stereo VU meters and pre-fader monitor speakers
- Supports a maximum of 14 input/output modules: 4 can be dual MICRO / LINE modules, and 2 can be digital hybrids
- Integrated MICRO/LINE input for talk-back and self-operation, studio and control room speaker and headphone outputs
- Supports AES/EBU and S-PDIF digital formats
- MADI bi-directional fiber-optic connection for 64 digital audio channels (optional)
- 8 GPI and 8 GPO (opto-isolated) and 4 GPO relay outputs
- Available audio effects: 3 band equalizer, high pass and low pass filters, compressor/limiter, and noise gate.8 GPO (opto-isolated) and 4 GPO relay outputs
For more information on AEQ equipment see :AEQ Digital Audio Mixing Desk
For other information on Broadcasting Equipment see: Radio Broadcast Equipment